Friday 2 April 2010

Cutting it

WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME?

'Omniflex' rulers are, quite literally, the best invention ever! Until today, all of my cutting was done with a regular metal ruler and a rotary cutter. As far as I was concerned, spending £15 on a flashier version of something that I already had sitting in the drawer was just plain foolish! How wrong could I be?!!! Finally my cutting is accurate, fast and, in a bizarre sense, fun! Admittedly it has taken me several hours to cut only 6 of the 12 fabrics required for the quilt and, due to the fact that my table is too low, I now feel as if Queen Latifah has just finished performing an Irish Jig along my spine in very high heels BUT I also feel like a real pro!

I haven't had such a buzz since, well, ever..... Illegal substances couldn't give me such a high!

Now, is there anything else I ought to know about this quilting malarky?!

x

1 comment:

  1. You're so funny - looking forward to seeing the quilt. Hate it that you are doing so much more crafting than me!! xx

    ReplyDelete