Wednesday 21 April 2010

And as if by magic.....

......*poof*

Ta da! How do you like my new blog space? Mother's Ruin was feeling so drab and dreary that I decided it was time for a change! I'm BRITISH - like we don't see enough grey already! So.....it's gone - banished from bloggersville and replaced by the warm and light hues that you see before you.

Mind you, talk about giving myself a difficult brief - I wanted the blog to look fresh, contemporary and clean but I also wanted to include the vintage, swirly, floral type design that I have on my business cards already (similar to my new header). I hope that I've managed to obtain a pleasant balance between the two contrasting styles!

I'm having a ball writing this blog. I haven't been here for long and I don't expect to become a minor internet celebrity like some guys have - but I am meeting new people and tentatively edging towards friendship with some. That's more than enough for me - as long as the blog continues to develop in this positive manner then I'll be happy. I want to create a space where we can all enjoy hanging out for a few minutes every day. Look out for more changes over the next few days. Trust me - the blog fairies (believe me, I know plenty of fairies!) are going to do loads to make Mother's Ruin the best blog it can be!

It's my birthday on May 7th - I've told nagged demanded  asked Hubby for a new snazzy camera with which to take my blog photo's! The future's looking good - now I just need to get some crafting done and I'll have something to post about!

More soon

Mother's Ruin

2 comments:

  1. Hello my love. For some reason I still can't see the damn pictures on your blog - very frustrating as your quilt sounds brilliant. I will just have to see it in person. Thank you for the birthday reminder ;-) So what shall we do to celebrate? I reakon the quilt exhibition as previously postponed - what do you think? Zola xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great new look for spring! Fingers crossed for your birthday present too. I have had to look up Emily Dickinson (am also having to listen to Wathering hights so I am able to 'discuss' the plot with my monster for school and I thought homework stopped the day I left!)

    ReplyDelete